- 📺 TypeScript UNKNOWN and ANY types • 5 minute video by Basarat Ali clearly explaining the difference between
- 📺 unknown, never, and void in TypeScript • 15 minute video by William Candillon showing a colleague practical use cases for
undefinedvalues and how to check for them.
- 📺 TypeScript NEVER type - YouTube • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how to use the
nevertype to ensure all possible input types to a function have been handled.
- 📺 TypeScript TYPES vs INTERFACES • 7 minute video by Basarat Ali explaining the overlapping and unique features of types and interfaces and recommending to pick one as your default (he defaults to types) based on which one's unique features are more likely to be useful to you.
- 📖 The Omit Helper Type in TypeScript • Article by Marius Schulz.
- 📺 TypeScript alwaysStrict: Do you need it? • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali explaining the benefits of setting
- 📺 Why you should use allowUnreachableCode in TypeScript • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali explaining the benefits of setting
- 📺 Conditional Types, TypeScript's most POWERFUL feature • 4 minute video by Basarat Ali using the example of a
typeNamehelper to demonstrate how conditional types work and why you can think of them as functions that compute an output (a specific type) based on an input (a generic type).
- 📺 TypeScripts amazing INFER Keyword • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how to use the
inferkeyword inside a conditional type to get the type name of the generic argument that was passed in.
- 📺 Why Generics? • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how generics help in cases where a structure accepts alternating types of inputs and outputs.
- 📺 Most common TypeScript literal types error • 4 minute video by Basarat Ali explaining how to reassure TS that a string or number is a valid member of a literal type.
- 📺 Lookup Types - one of the first super powers of TypeScript • 3 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how lookup types can clean up your code and prevent typos by using a larger root type as the source of truth for smaller types.
- 📺 What are TypeScript MAPPED Types and how to use them Effectively • 4 minute video by Basarat Ali using the example of creating a readonly version of an existing type to demonstrate how a mapped type is created by mapping over the properties of an existing type and modifying their definitions (similar to creating a new JS array by mapping over an existing array and returning a copy that transforms each item in some way).
- 📺 Mapped type MODIFIERS in TypeScript • 4 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how to use
Partialto modify properties in a mapped type.
- 📖 Nullish Coalescing: The ?? Operator in TypeScript • Article by Marius Schulz.
- 📺 TypeScript 2.7:
in-based type guards • 2 minute video by Basarat Ali showing how to use the JS
inoperator as a type guard that both TS and JS will understand.